There are very few reasons why we will cancel an event. Usually it will be to do with safety. So possible reasons might be:-
1) Road conditions pose a danger to competitors and or other road users. i.e. flooding or heavy snow
2) Site access is hazardous. i.e. flooding or saturated ground likely to cause vehicles to become stuck
3) High Winds, if there is a risk of trees falling or similar we will delay starts, stop a race early or cancel
4) Lightning: In circumstances where lightening poses a risk to riders we will delay starts, stop a race early or cancel.
That apart we are very unlikely to cancel an event for any reason whatsoever. In this the decision will lie with the organisers and the Commissaires.
It is of course the riders decision as to whether they wish to participate or not at any time. It should be noted that the sport is MOUNTAIN biking and therefore there is a reasonable expectation that riders will encounter extremely foul weather and poor conditions during the course of their participation in the sport.
What happens when we cancel:
1) The organisers will take every reasonable step to make an early decision so as to avoid unnecessary travel for riders.
2) Every effort will be made to communicate the decision to cancel via our Facebook page, and where possible a circular email will also be sent. It should be noted that venues are often in places without mobile phone signal or internet connectivity. The organisers cannot be held liable for any failure to communicate in these circumstances
3) We will seek to rearrange the event at a future date and all original entries will be honoured.
4) In the event you are unable to attend the rearranged event you will be offered a one race credit which is redeemable at any MSG Series race during the next 12 months.
5) Riders who have taken up a series entry and who are unable to attend the rearranged event will receive a credit calculated at series entry price divided by total number of events in the series. This is redeemable against the following years series.
6) In any event the liability of MSG Sport Ltd., will be limited to the price paid for entry to the cancelled event and no claims for consequential loss will be entertained.